Homemade Fudgesicles

Nourishing FUDGESICLES?  Who could resist?  There’s nothing like a creamy, chocolaty, ice-cold fudgesicle on a hot summer day.

My little love and I love to be in the kitchen, even on hot summer days {especially when cold treats are involved}.  Fudgesicles HAVE to be on the must make list.

What makes these nourishing?  The beautiful, smooth, creamy AVOCADO!  Yes, I said avocado.  Don’t worry, the “green” flavor will not come through once the other ingredients are added.  The avocado makes the mixture so incredibly creamy.  Nutritional benefits also come from the raw cacao powder, raw honey and raw milk {REAL milk}.

Skip the packaged versions and give these a try.

Homemade Fudgesicles

I use BPA Free popsicle molds, which are relatively inexpensive and easy to find online.  Stainless steel popsicle molds can also be found online.  Of course you could use little paper cups and popsicle sticks if you don’t have molds, however this method is not very environmentally friendly.  For a few dollars more, you can purchase a set of popsicle molds and have them on hand to use over and over.

{Affiliate links included help support this blog.}

Equipment: Blender, Popsicle Molds

• 1 ripe avocado, remove pit, quarter
  • 4 tablespoons raw organic cacao powder {I use this and this brand}
  • 2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
  • ¼ cup raw honey {I use local raw clover creamed honey}
  • 3 cups raw/grass-fed/organic whole milk {See my About page for Resources, scroll to bottom of page} or full-fat coconut milk {I use this and this brand}

1. Combine all ingredients in blender.

2. Blend on a lower setting until smooth and combined.  No avocado pieces should remain.  Strain through fine mesh strainer if needed.

3. Pour mixture into popsicle molds.

4. Place in freezer for at least 6 hours.

5. When frozen, run under hot water to release the mold.

Yield: Makes about 4 cups mixture, finished popsicle yield varies.

Note: For the popsicle mold set {see above pictures} I use, each one holds ½ cup liquid.  I am able to make 8 popsicles with this recipe {I have 2 sets of popsicle molds}.

This post is part of Made From Scratch Tuesday @ From Mess Hall to Bistro, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday @ Simply Sugar and Gluten Free, Traditional Tuesdays @ Real Food Whole Health, Real Food Wednesdays @ Kelly the Kitchen Kop, Healthy 2day Wednesdays @ day2day joys, Fresh Food Friday @ La Bella Vita, and Friday Food @ Mom Trends.
Sharing Is Caring!Pin on PinterestShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookEmail this to someonePrint this page

A Small Favor If You Please...

Subscribing + sharing on Social Media {like Pinterest, Facebook, etc.} is very much appreciated! Smaller bloggers like myself need all the help we can get. Much gratitude + thank you for supporting this site.

STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only endorse products that are in alignment with Recipes to Nourish’s ideals and that I believe would be of value to my readers. Recipes to Nourish is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.

Filed Under: Recipes, Sweet Treats

Comments

1. says

Avocados are great for getting that creamy texture aren’t they? I’m making strawberry ice cream this very minute using lots of avocados! If it turns out, I will post the recipe Saturday. Looks really yummy!

2. says

Yum! I love fudge bars but rarely have them because I can’t find any decent ingredient list in the frozen section. I’ll have to make these! I’d love to invite you to share this with Healthy 2day Wednesdays this week and other posts that fit in the future! (I also have a natural & organic giveaway going right now)

HAve a great week!

3. says

I had just posted a fudgesicle recipe when I saw yours, lol. I like how you kept the milk raw and we’ll be trying your version as well. :)

4. says

@ Rachel – I know what you mean about store-bought popsicles, the ingredient list is never that great. I hope you enjoy these! Thanks so much for letting me know about “Healthy 2day Wednesdays”, I will check it out now and post :) Have a great week too!

5. says

@ Georgia – The best I can offer is to warm them a bit by running them under hot water, you should start to see them release a bit in the mold. Then I kind of squeeze the mold on the sides, if that makes sense, then very slowly pull the popsicle out of the mold. I have had the breaking problem before too. I use Tovolo molds, and I had that problem with the star popsicle molds, the ones pictured above seem to release much better. I have also noticed that certain popsicles freeze better than others and if they are not quite frozen enough, they break easily. I have not had the breaking at all with the fudgesicles though. It seems that the breaks occur more with fruit/smoothie popsicles. Hope that helps some.

6. says

Thanks for sharing with Healthy 2day Wednesdays! Hope you’ll participate this week! This post is going to be featured as one of my tops 3 picks from last week! yay! :)

7. says

these are amazing!!!!! I made them with coconut milk because I was out of raw milk and they are so yummy. I have been dreaming up new popsicles since I recently got my stainless steel popsicle molds from onyx. I love to make pops but eating them hasn’t been something I enjoy until these!!! I plan to make these OFTEN! Thank you so much!

8. Amy says

Just made these – wow, out of this world! I have a small set of freezer molds, so there was plenty left over & my son and I enjoyed chocolate shakes! Will be making these again. Too bad my hubby is allergic to avocados :-(.

9. Anonymous says

Any idea if bananas would have the same effect as the avocado? Although I enjoy avocado they make my tummy upset :-/ Well hey! I’m gonna try it. The texture might not be as creamy but I can’t imagine combining banana, chocolate, and raw milk would taste bad!!!

Trackbacks