Nourishing FUDGESICLES? Who could resist? There’s nothing like a creamy, chocolaty, ice-cold fudgesicle on a hot summer day.
My little love and I love to be in the kitchen, even on hot summer days (especially when cold treats are involved). Fudgesicles HAVE to be on the must make list.
What makes these nourishing? The beautiful, smooth, creamy AVOCADO! Yes, I said avocado. Don’t worry, the “green” flavor will not come through once the other ingredients are added. The avocado makes the mixture so incredibly creamy. Nutritional benefits also come from the raw cacao powder, raw honey and raw milk (REAL milk).
Skip the packaged versions and give these a try.
I use BPA Free popsicle molds, which are relatively inexpensive and easy to find online. The best I have found is the Tovolo brand. Stainless steel popsicle molds can also be found online. Of course you could use little paper cups and popsicle sticks if you don’t have molds, however this method is not very environmentally friendly. For a few dollars more, you can purchase a set of BPA Free popsicle molds.
Equipment: Blender, Popsicle molds
- 1 ripe avocado, remove pit, quarter
- 4 tablespoons raw organic cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
- ¼ cup raw honey (I use local raw clover creamed honey)
- 3 cups raw whole milk (See Resources) or full-fat coconut milk
1. Combine all ingredients in blender.
2. Blend on a lower setting until smooth and combined. No avocado pieces
should remain. Strain through fine mesh strainer if needed.
3. Pour mixture into popsicle molds.
4. Place in freezer for at least 6 hours.
5. When frozen, run under hot water to release the mold.
Yield: Makes about 4 cups mixture, finished popsicle yield varies.
Note: I use Tovolo popsicles molds and have two sets. For the set (see above pictures) I use, each one holds ½ cup liquid. I am able to make 8 popsicles with this recipe.
This post is part of Made From Scratch Tuesday @ From Mess Hall to Bistro, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday @ Simply Sugar and Gluten Free, Traditional Tuesdays @ Real Food Whole Health, Real Food Wednesdays @ Kelly the Kitchen Kop, Healthy 2day Wednesdays @ day2day joys, Fresh Food Friday @ La Bella Vita, and Friday Food @ Mom Trends.