- Rose hips: Very high in vitamin C, more so than many other herbs and foods. They also contain vitamin A, B vitamins, vitamin E, calcium, iron, manganese, selenium and zinc. They have a wonderful sweet taste.
- Lemongrass: High in calcium, iron, magnesium and manganese.
- Cinnamon: Has medicinal properties, is known for it warming effect and for supporting digestion. It also adds a wonderful sweet and spicy flavor to teas.
- Hibiscus: High in vitamin C and is known for its cooling properties.
- Fennel seed: Known to help support digestion and is excellent for nursing moms. It’s known to help increase breastmilk and to help prevent colic or gassiness in babies.
- Lemon peel: Added for flavor and adds a bit of vitamin C.
Vitamin C Herbal Tea Infusion – Enjoy Iced or Hot
- 4 tablespoons rose hips
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon chips
- 1 teaspoon hibiscus flowers
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- ½ teaspoon lemon peel
- 4 cups filtered water
- Ice (optional)
- Raw honey or fresh fruit juice (optional)
|My little love enjoying some tea in our backyard.|