The Stars of this Master Tonic tincture:
- Garlic – naturally antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, antimicrobial, helps support respiratory and immune system
- Ginger – naturally antimicrobial, supports the immune system, supports digestion, great for warming (use with caution if pregnant, consult with your health care practitioner, omit if you are concerned)
- Horseradish – naturally antibacterial, natural antibiotic, great for warming, supports the immune system, natural antiparasitic, natural expectorant
- Hot Peppers – great for warming properties, supports the immune system, natural decongestant, known for being a natural pain-reliever
- Lemon Grass – naturally antibacterial, antifungal, helps support the immune system, helps support the kidneys
- Organic Unfiltered Raw Apple Cider Vinegar – natural antiseptic and antifungal, helps support the immune system
Want Whole Foods Market quality at Costco prices? Check out Thrive Market!
- 1 part fresh garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 part fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
- 1 part fresh horseradish, peeled and grated
- 1 part fresh HOT peppers, chopped (use a variety of the hottest peppers you can find like Habeneros, Jalepenos, Serranos, etc.)
- ¼ part fresh lemon grass, chopped
- Raw organic unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- Wash and prep garlic, ginger, horseradish, peppers and lemon grass.
- If using a food processor, use the grater blade to grate the horseradish and ginger. Remove contents and set aside in large bowl. Remove grater blade in food processor and replace with “S-shape” blade. Place peppers and garlic in the food processor and pulse until contents are coarsely chopped, add to large bowl. If you are hand chopping the peppers, make sure to wear gloves (make sure NOT to rub your eyes as the oils are very potent and will burn). Chop lemon grass into ½ in chunks and add to large bowl. Stir all of the contents to evenly combine mixture.
- Fill glass jar ¾ of the way full with the garlic, ginger, horseradish, peppers and lemon grass mixture.
- Pour apple cider vinegar over the above ingredients until it is filled almost to the top. Leave about ½-1 inch space at the top of the jar.
- Place lid on the jar and shake. The contents will settle, if more apple cider vinegar is needed, add more.
- Shake the Master Tonic/glass jar at least one time everyday. If you think about it, shake it every time you pass by the jar. Make sure to put some good intentions into it when you shake it. Leave out on your counter for about 14 days (New Moon until Full Moon), preferably out of direct sunlight.
- Strain Master Tonic on the Full Moon. Use cheesecloth or a fine mesh strainer to strain contents. Store in glass bottles, make sure to label and date bottles.
- NOTE: ALL ingredients should be organic or at least grown with organic practices. Other Master Tonic recipes use onion, but I omit it from my recipe. Feel free to include it if onion is not a problem for you.
- STORAGE: Store Master Tonic tincture in dark place like a cabinet or pantry. It’s fine to store in a refrigerator too. Tinctures do not spoil or deteriorate when stored properly and kept out of direct sunlight.
- DOSAGE: Take 1-2 tablespoons per day as a preventative. Gargle and swish tincture in your mouth, then swallow. If you need to, chase it with a sip of a drink. Make sure to break up the dosages, so your body is getting a boost at different times during the day - like 1 tablespoon in the morning and 1 tablespoon in the evening. During illness, increase dosage. Try taking at least 4 tablespoons per day, making sure to spread out the dosages throughout the day. Tinctures are wonderful because they absorb into your body immediately.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: bone broth, stock or soup for an extra kick and added nutrition. Add 1-2 tablespoons into your favorite salad dressing mixture to add some heat and spice. Use in marinades for meats and vegetables. Add to sauces or gravies for extra heat, spice and nutrition.
- TIP: Save the solids and store in the freezer. Use the solids for spicy marinades. Eat it fresh as a condiment on burgers or with some cheese as a snack.
Hydrolyzed Collagen, Desiccated Liver, Coconut Oil, Liver Detox Support, Ancient Minerals + more!