Roasted broccoli is so incredibly delicious. If you have never tried broccoli this way, you've been missing out. Roasting it brings out a whole different level of flavor. Add a little bit of fresh lemon juice, and oh my, it's unbelievable.
Roasted Broccoli w/ Meyer Lemon
Super yummy, bursting with flavor from the Meyer lemon.
Equipment: Large Baking Pan (I use a stoneware Large Bar Pan), Large Mixing Bowl
- 4 heads broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons pasture butter, ghee or fat of choice, melted (See Resources)
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kelp granules (optional, I use Maine Coast)
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place baking pan in the oven to get hot.
2. Melt fat of choice. I find the easiest way is to melt fat of choice in the oven in a 4 oz. mini oven-safe Ramekin, otherwise melt it on the stovetop.
3. Prep broccoli - wash and shake dry, cut into florets.
4. Add broccoli florets to a large mixing bowl. Add melted butter, lemon juice, kelp granules and sea salt. Mix to coat.
5. Pour broccoli onto hot pan in oven, spread evenly and set timer for 10 minutes. At 10 minutes, stir broccoli and spread evenly. Set timer for another 10 minutes, check again. They are done when some parts are golden brown. Do not overcook, you don't want burnt broccoli.
6. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for later.
Yield: Makes about 2-3 cups cooked.
Note: Broccoli should cook in about 20-25 minutes, but every oven cooks very different. Make sure to watch them carefully so they don't burn. The type of bakeware can change cooking time too. I prefer to use stoneware (clay) because it cooks evenly and never sticks.
This post is part of Weekend Gourmet Blog Carnival @ Hartke Is Online, Real Food 101 @ Ruth's Real Food, Fat Tuesday @ Real Food Forager, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday @ Simply Sugar & Gluten-Free, Gluten-Free Wednesdays @ The Gluten-Free Homemaker, Real Food Wednesday @ Kelly the Kitchen Kop, Make Your Own! Monday @ Nourishing Treasures, Healthy 2day Wednesdays @ day2day joys, Hearth and Soul Hop @ Premeditated Leftovers, and Full Plate Thursday @ Miz Helen's Country Cottage, Turning the Table @ Around My Family Table, and Pennywise Platter Thursday @ The Nourishing Gourmet.