Celery Root Mash
Yield 2 1/2 cups of puree
This makes a wonderful side dish. Make sure to make enough, I always want to eat the whole batch.
- 4 cups celery root (about 3 medium), peeled, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups filtered water
- 2-4 tablespoons pasture butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt or to taste
- Prep celery root - wash, peel and cut into 1 inch chunks.
- Add celery root chunks to the saucepan. Add water, just enough to barely cover the celery root. Cover with lid and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until fork tender.
- Strain water and place celery root into food processor. Add pasture butter and sea salt, pulse until celery root becomes a smooth puree, about 1 minute.
- Serve hot or refrigerate for later.
MORE RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY