Did you know fudge can be healthy?
This freezer fudge is full of healthy fats making it the perfect fat bomb!
So grab yourself these 5 simple, wholesome, real food ingredients and make your own homemade fudge that tastes similar to the Butterfinger® candy bar.
Easy Nourishing Chocolate Sunflower Freezer Fudge
- In food processor (or coffee/spice grinder), add sprouted sunflower seeds and pulse until they become seed-butter consistency, about 3-5 minutes. Set aside.
- Fit standing mixer with the flat beater (if you don’t have a standing mixer, you could use a food processor or hand mixer w/ bowl).
- Add pasture butter, raw honey and vanilla to standing mixer bowl and mix on a low speed until the butter starts to soften. Increase speed and whip until creamed and it begins to have a lighter white color, about 1 minute. Add sunflower seed-butter and mix on low just to combine, about 30 seconds. Add cacao powder, turn mixer on low until the cacao powder starts to incorporate. Increase speed to whip until creamy and it begins to turn a lighter brown color, about 1 minute. Scrape down sides as needed with a spatula to make sure ingredients are combined well.
- Place a large piece (about 12-15 inches long) of plastic wrap or parchment paper on a flat surface. Scrape the fudge mixture into the middle of the plastic wrap. Fold the plastic wrap over the top of the fudge. Gently press down with you hands to smooth out the fudge, making it about ½ inch thick. Fold the edges of the plastic wrap over.
- Very carefully pick up the fudge and place on flat surface in the freezer. I place mine on a flat ice cube tray lid and it fits perfectly.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight, the longer it freezes, the firmer it becomes.
- Cut into small squares, strips or chunks.
Note: This fudge is best served right out of the freezer and not left out at room temperature, as it will start to become soft and melt.
Tip: If you are using unsalted sunflower seeds, try adding 1/8 teaspoon Celtic sea salt to the fudge mixture so you still get the saltiness in the fudge.
*You could also use ghee or coconut oil if you prefer. To make dairy-free, use coconut oil.
KitchenAid KSM150PSER Artisan Tilt-Head Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield, 5-Quart, Empire Red
Silicone Spatula - 6 Spatulas Silicone Heat Resistant - Mini Rubber Spatula Set - Cooking Spatulas for Nonstick Cookware - Colorful Baking Kitchen Spatula Set - One Piece Design Spoon (Multicolor)
Pyrex Prepware 8-Cup Glass Measuring Cup with Lid
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 134 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 12mg Sodium: 422mg Carbohydrates: 16g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 14g Protein: 2g