Healthy Vitamin C Herbal Tea is high in vitamin C and bioflavonoids. It’s refreshing on a hot summer day and great to have on hand during cold and flu “season”.
This healthy vitamin C herbal tea is so refreshing.
It’s hydrating, nourishing and has some medicinal properties when prepared as an herbal tea infusion.
One of the great benefits of drinking herbal infusions is that the vitamins and minerals are readily available for your body. You can’t get that from a synthetic vitamin supplement.
High in vitamin C, more so than many other herbs and foods. They also contain vitamin A, B vitamins, vitamin E, calcium, iron, manganese, selenium and zinc. They have a wonderful sweet taste.
High in calcium, iron, magnesium and manganese.
Has medicinal properties, is known for it warming effect and for supporting digestion. It also adds a wonderful sweet and spicy flavor to teas.
High in vitamin C and is known for its cooling properties.
Known to help support digestion and is said to be excellent for nursing moms. It’s known to help support breastmilk production and to support digestion.
Added for flavor and adds a bit of vitamin C.
Healthy Vitamin C Herbal Tea Infusion
- Combine all dried herbs in a medium size bowl, store extra herb mixture in airtight glass container.
- Bring water to a boil in a medium-size saucepan or in a tea kettle, remove from heat.
- Add 4 tablespoons of herb mixture to water. COVER (this ensures that you receive all of the nutritional benefits from the herbs).
- Steep 45 minutes.
- Strain tea.
- Sweeten with small amount of honey or fresh fruit juice if desired. If you want to retain some of the beneficial properties of raw honey or fresh juice, add after tea has cooled some.
- Store extra tea in the refrigerator up to a week.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 106 Total Fat: 1g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 48mg Carbohydrates: 22g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 18g Protein: 1g
Are you on Pinterest? I pin lots of yummy real food recipes + more there. I have a board just for Beverages too. Come follow along.
MORE RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
Grass-fed Collagen, Desiccated Liver, Coconut Oil, Liver Detox Support, Ancient Minerals + more!