Grain Free Mini Berry Yogurt Breakfast Tarts are a fun little bite for special occasions and brunches. These healthy tarts are topped with fresh seasonal berries, nestled in a homemade pistachio crust.
This post is sponsored by Sprouts Farmers Market, all opinions, recipe and photography are my own.
Mini berry yogurt breakfast tarts are the perfect little bites packed with a protein-punch and a little sweet goodness.
Fresh berries and yogurt go so well together for breakfast! Especially when they’re made into fun food!
Everyone loves fun food. Little bites, appetizers, finger foods, starters, miniature food, small bites, hors d’oeuvres, call them whatever you want, but the bottom line is everyone loves them because they’re fun food.
This kind of food always makes me think of the movie Mermaids. If you’ve seen it, you know what I’m talking about. The movie stars Cher, a single mom with two daughters in the 60’s, who only serves her kids finger foods. But back to these mini tarts …
Fresh, seasonal berries are the best!
Once spring hits and berries are in season, my kids can’t get enough of all the berries. I have to admit, I go pretty crazy for all of the seasonal produce too, especially after winter’s produce seems to drag on.
My fridge is always full of fresh berries for little fingers to snack on. It’s also the time of year when I have little ones begging me to make berry ice cream, berry popsicles, berry cheesecake, berry smoothies and lots of berry muffins.
These beautiful grain free mini berry yogurt breakfast tarts are full of flavor packed into a little bite.
They’re fun for a weekend breakfast or brunch and perfect served at special celebrations like Mother’s Day, wedding or baby showers, birthdays, potlucks and so much more.
People love these delicious little treats. You can customize them to your dietary needs too! If you can’t eat dairy, substitute with a nut-based or coconut-based yogurt. If you can’t eat pistachios, you can swap them out for another nut like macadamias. Or, if you can’t have nuts, you can swap them out for some gluten free granola. Super easy!
These grain free mini berry yogurt breakfast tarts are so delicious and full of beautiful, seasonal berries!
Do you have Sprouts Farmers Markets where you live? They have a wonderful produce department in their stores and there are berries galore available right now! It’s that time of the year for beautiful, vibrant produce!
Where to Find Sprouts Farmers Markets
Sprouts Farmers Markets are popping up everywhere these days! Right now you can find them in Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, Kansas, Missouri, New Mexico, Nevada, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas and Utah.
Sprouts Farmers Market is a natural foods grocery store that focuses on healthy habits and a healthy lifestyle. Their store is packed with hundreds of top quality organic Sprouts Brand items, non-GMO, gluten free, Paleo, grass-fed, dairy free and seasonal items.
I love that they’re an everyday grocery store with a local, home-town feel. Plus they sell so many organic and natural food items, and I’m all about that!
They offer great savings too! If you head over to their site, you can check out their clip and save mobile coupons!
You can also check out lots of healthy, seasonal and delicious recipes featuring Sprouts Brand products over at their Sprouts Brand blog. Plus check out these other delicious recipes that I’ve created for Sprouts Farmers Market too: One Pan Roasted Chicken with Citrus Beets, Healthy Orange Cacao Black Bean Tacos and Healthy Rice Cake Topping Ideas.
So head to your local Sprouts Farmers Market and grab some beautiful, seasonal berries! You’re going to want to serve these at special celebrations or simply just for a fun weekend breakfast.
Mini Berry Yogurt Breakfast Tarts
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- 4 pitted Medjool dates
- 1 tbsp cocoa or cacao powder (<-- this is the fair-trade cocoa I use)
- 1 tbsp butter or ghee, melted or avocado oil
- ¾-1 cup Greek yogurt, coconut yogurt, cashew yogurt, almond yogurt or yogurt of choice
- 1-1 ½ cup fresh organic berries
- 4 tbsp organic apricot preserves – optional
- Place Medjool dates in a small bowl and cover with warm filtered water to soak and soften for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Get a muffin pan ready and set aside.
- Place pistachios, soaked and drained Medjool dates, cocoa powder and healthy fat of choice in a food processor. Pulse about 3-5 times, just until combined (do not over mix it or it will turn into pistachio butter). Evenly distribute mixture in 12 muffin cups. Using clean hands, press the mixture down into each muffin cup, forming a mini crust that covers the bottom and comes up the edges about ½ inch. Bake at 350 for 7-8 minutes. Allow the mini tarts to cool completely in the muffin pan, about 30 minutes, before gently removing the mini tart crusts (do not attempt to remove them until they are completely cool or they will break).
- Top each mini tart with about 1 tablespoon of yogurt. Add 1 teaspoon of the optional apricot preserves on top of the yogurt. Top with each mini tart with fresh berries. Serve immediately.
- If you can't eat pistachios you can try using a different nut of choice like macadamias.
- If you need these to be nut-free, you can swap out the pistachios for a gluten-free granola.
Silicone Spatula - 6 Spatulas Silicone Heat Resistant - Mini Rubber Spatula Set - Cooking Spatulas for Nonstick Cookware - Colorful Baking Kitchen Spatula Set - One Piece Design Spoon (Multicolor)
Pyrex Smart Essentials 8-Piece Mixing Bowl Set
Blendtec Designer 625 Blender - WildSide+ Jar (90 oz) - Professional-Grade Power - 4 Pre-Programmed Cycles - 6-Speeds - Sleek and Slim - Black
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 120Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 46mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 4g
This nutritional information was auto-generated based on serving size, number of servings, and typical information for the ingredients listed. To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in a given recipe, please calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients and amounts used, using your preferred nutrition calculator. Under no circumstances shall the this website and the author be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on the given nutritional information. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information provided is accurate, complete, and useful.
Are you on Pinterest? I pin lots of yummy real food recipes + more there. I have a board just for Breakfast Recipes and Gluten Free Treats! Come follow along.
MORE YOU MIGHT ENJOY
Grass-fed Collagen, Desiccated Liver, Coconut Oil, Liver Detox Support, Ancient Minerals + more!