Healthy Instant Pot Thai Chicken is a delicious addition to your weekday dinners. This savory meal is full of ginger and lemongrass with subtle hints of mint, coconut and curry.
This Healthy Instant Pot Thai Chicken is a cozy, hearty meal for the colder months.
Although it still feels like summer in Northern California most days, the mornings are cooler. It’s like the weather is teasing us with small glimpses of fall. I know fall must be on the way soon … maybe, we’ll see.
So even though the weather is still hot here, my body is ready for cooler weather meals.
As most of you know, one of my favorite kitchen tools is the Instant Pot®. That’s no shocker since I wrote a whole nourishing cookbook using the Instant Pot®.
My other favorite kitchen tool is my ice cream maker, but ice cream and this recipe don’t quite go together.
Back to the Instant Pot® … I love how fast it cooks up my favorite meals. I used to love my slow cooker, but I admit my slow cooker is not out on my counter anymore. The Instant Pot® cooks up roasts, corned beef, ribs, soups, pasta dishes, delicious drinks, healthy snacks and even sweet treats so much faster than a slow cooker!
This Healthy Instant Pot Thai Chicken is so yummy and full of beautiful flavors. Ginger, lemongrass and lime come together so perfectly in this dish. With creamy coconut, mild curry and mint in the background, this meal is sure to please.
My family loves to enjoy this Healthy Instant Pot Thai Chicken with buttered organic Jasmine rice, topped with fresh cilantro and squeezes of fresh lime juice. It’s lovely with a green veggie like roasted broccoli, sautéed kale, or even served on top of a salad. My husband’s favorite way to enjoy salads is with a warm addition to the salad.
This meal is so easy to throw together during weekday nights too. It comes together super fast with prep and cook time in under 30 minutes! That’s just one of the things I love about the Instant Pot®. Meals cook up so fast and meat dishes turn out perfect every time.
Now that the cooler months are here, take advantage of your Instant Pot® and make this Thai Chicken for dinner.
Healthy Instant Pot Thai Chicken
YOU WILL NEED: Instant Pot
- 1 inch chunk fresh ginger, grated or finely minced
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, grated or finely minced
- 1 medium red onion, thickly sliced
- 2 organic chicken breasts, diced
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 5 inch stem lemongrass, ends removed and halved
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter, grass-fed ghee or avocado oil
- 15 small organic mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- ½ teaspoon organic curry powder
- ½ cup organic full-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup chicken bone broth or store-bought bone broth
- ¼ cup coconut aminos or gluten free tamari
- Prep your ginger, garlic, onion, lime zest and lemongrass, set aside.Prep the chicken by using kitchen scissors to cut up the meat. Place on a plate and set aside.
- Prepare the Instant Pot by plugging in. Press “Saute” and add butter to Instant Pot. Add the ginger, garlic and onion, saute for 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Add the chicken, stirring occasionally for 2-3 minutes until pink color is gone. Turn the Instant Pot off by pressing “Keep Warm/Cancel”. Add the lime zest, lime juice, lemongrass, mint leaves, curry powder, coconut milk, bone broth and coconut aminos, stir to combine. Place the lid on the Instant Pot making sure the steam release valve is sealed. Press “Poultry” and reduce time to 10 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot is done and beeps, press “Keep Warm/Cancel”, unplug and use an oven mitt to “quick release”/open the steam release valve. When the steam venting stops and the silver dial drops, carefully open the lid.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with chopped cilantro, lime wedges and serve with white rice.
YOU WILL NEED: Instant Pot
Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker, 6qt/1000W, Latest 3rd Generation Technology, Stainless Steel Cooking Pot and Exterior
Pyrex Prepware 8-Cup Glass Measuring Cup with Lid
Silicone Spatula - 6 Spatulas Silicone Heat Resistant - Mini Rubber Spatula Set - Cooking Spatulas for Nonstick Cookware - Colorful Baking Kitchen Spatula Set - One Piece Design Spoon (Multicolor)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 806 Total Fat: 54g Saturated Fat: 35g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 16g Cholesterol: 151mg Sodium: 2687mg Carbohydrates: 34g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 9g Protein: 52g