It’s a wonderful immune boosting drink that’s great to drink anytime you need a little immune system support, especially during the colder months.
Don’t let the garlic throw you off! This drink is really delicious and soothing. Yes, it does taste good!
The stars of this nourishing drink, known for immune boosting:
- Lemon: Cleansing, great for immune support, high in vitamin C, soothes irritated throats.
- Garlic: Naturally antimicrobial, both antiviral and antibacterial, great for supporting the immune system and more.
- Ginger: Known for helping support the digestive and immune system (use with caution if pregnant, consult with your health care practitioner).
- Astragalus Root: Supports the immune system.
- Cinnamon: Known for having medicinal properties, it’s warming effect and aids in digestion. It’s also sweet and spicy and has a lovely flavor.
Hot Garlic Ginger Lemonade
Hot Garlic Ginger Lemonade
Yield 4 cups
Hot Garlic Ginger Lemonade ... a wonderful, warming, natural remedy that helps support the immune system. Perfect drink for the colder months.
- 3-4 fresh garlic cloves - chopped, grated or minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger - peel, then grate or mince
- 3 pieces dried astragalus root - optional
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon chips or 1 small cinnamon stick - optional
- 4 cups boiling filtered water
- 1 organic lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons honey or organic maple syrup grade B
- Prep garlic and ginger – peel, chop/grate.
- Boil water in sauce pan or tea kettle.
- In a quart-size mason jar or heat-proof glass container, add chopped garlic, grated ginger, astragalus root and optional cinnamon chips. CAREFULLY pour boiling water into the mason jar. COVER with lid and steep for 30 minutes.
- Strain with a fine mesh strainer into another mason jar or glass container.
- Add the juice of 1 lemon and sweetener of choice to the garlic-ginger mixture.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for later. Serve hot.
Dosage: Drink 1-4 cups daily when needed.
Tip: Whenever I buy ginger, I peel the whole thing and store it in the freezer for longer shelf life. It is also SO much easier to grate when it's frozen.
Recipe inspired by my midwives and Aviva Romm MD's Garlic Lemonade recipes.
Are you on Pinterest? I pin lots of yummy real food recipes, natural living tips + more there. I have a board just for Holistic Health + Remedies too! Come follow along.
MORE NATURAL REMEDIES YOU MIGHT LIKE
Hydrolyzed Collagen, Desiccated Liver, Coconut Oil, Liver Detox Support, Ancient Minerals + more!
Disclaimer: ALL information you read on Recipes to Nourish is purely for informational and educational purposes only. I love to share and share with love, but I am not a health care practitioner. Information is not intended to treat, cure or prevent any disease. Statements within this site have not been approved by the FDA, meaning information and statements regarding health claims on this blog have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. All blog posts are solely my personal experiences and opinions and should not be interpreted as an attempt to offer a medical opinion. If you have questions about food, diet, nutrition, natural remedies or holistic health, please do your own research and consult with your health care practitioner. For more information please see all of my disclaimers and disclosures.