Real Food Summer Blender Cucumber Salsa is a must!
Enjoying all of summer’s bounty means seasonal produce galore! There’s just nothing like what summer provides – tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, herbs, eggplant, corn, zucchini, summer squash, berries, cherries, stone fruit, grapes and so much more!
I love taking advantage of eating seasonal produce and using as much as possible in recipes.
Like in this Real Food Summer Blender Cucumber Salsa! It’s MY FAVORITE salsa!
Summer cucumbers, tomatoes, jalapeños and cilantro make up the base of this easy salsa.
My Latino husband grew up with lots of spicy foods and a ton of salsa. Salsa is still one of his favorite things. We always have a bottle of organic hot sauce on hand.
I was so nervous the first time I made this salsa for my husband. He grew up with the authentic stuff and I grew up with the store bought MILD “New York City Pace Picante” salsa. There’s a big difference.
Because I was so nervous about it, it actually took me years to make it for him before I just decided to let my nerves go and trust he’d like it since I knew it was so good.
Sure enough, he thought it was delicious, super refreshing and he couldn’t get enough of it! I know my version is super mild for him, but he loved it anyway and requests for me to make it.
This real food summer blender cucumber salsa is SO GOOD!
The cucumber makes this salsa unique and fresh tasting. It adds a layer of flavor that just isn’t there in other tomato and onion based salsa.
Another bonus is this salsa can be made a day ahead and still tastes just as good!
So run to your backyard if you’re growing tomatoes, cucumbers and jalapeños or head to your local farmers market and grab yourself the salsa ingredients so you can make this today!
Real Food Summer Blender Cucumber Salsa
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into large chunks
- 1 large cucumber (about 12" long), peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 large handful of cilantro (about 1 cup)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3-5 fresh garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 fresh jalapeños, stemmed and halved (remove seeds if you prefer less spice/heat)
- 1/2 - 1 tsp Celtic sea salt or Himalayan salt, start with 1/2 teaspoon (<-- this is my favorite sea salt)
- Wash and prep all the produce.
- Add all of the produce, lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt to a blender or food processor. Pulse a few times to do a rough chop, then continue to blend until everything is combined, smooth and few chunks are left, about 15 seconds.
- Taste for desired saltiness. If you prefer it saltier, add another 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Enjoy as is or refrigerate for later use.
Extra Large Bamboo Cutting Board - Best Wooden Cutting Boards for Kitchen, Wood Cutting Board, Butcher Block Cutting Board, Chopping Board, Chopping Block and Carving Board - LIFETIME REPLACEMENTS
ZYLISS 3 Piece Paring Knife Set with Sheath Covers
Pyrex Smart Essentials Mixing Bowl Set Including Locking Lids (Clear), 8 piece
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 38 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 924mg Carbohydrates: 9g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 4g Protein: 2g
Are you on Pinterest? I pin lots of yummy real food recipes + more there.
MORE RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
Hydrolyzed Collagen, Desiccated Liver, Coconut Oil, Liver Detox Support, Ancient Minerals + more!