Watermelon and lemonade screams summertime!
There’s nothing like a glass of fresh, homemade lemonade at the end of a hot summer day. Everyone love this classic drink.
Watermelon is a summertime favorite too! Watermelon is so loved it’s almost its own food group during the summer.
So why not enjoy both at the same time in the most insanely delicious summertime drink?!
There are so many different versions of lemonade from classic lemonade to mint lemonade, to peach lemonade, to lavender lemonade, to strawberry lemonade, to herbal tea blended with lemonade and ever sugar-free lemonade!
But hands down, my favorite version is watermelon lemonade. There’s just nothing that compares in my opinion.
This healthier slushy blended watermelon lemonade has no sugar and is naturally sweetened.
You won’t find any cane sugar in this blended watermelon lemonade, just simple, natural, real food ingredients.
This slushy watermelon lemonade is so refreshing and only sweetened with pure raw honey, preferably from a local source or a high quality raw honey (that way you get the beneficial properties from the honey).
Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!
We all need to stay hydrated during the summer heat and watermelon is a great solution. Why? Because watermelon has a high water content!
This makes just one more good reason to add it to lemonade.
Slushy or slushie? Who cares! It’s the same thing.
Maybe the best thing about this blended watermelon lemonade is that it’s a slushy! It’s so, SO, so good! There’s just nothing that can beat the incredible texture of a good slushy.
You won’t find any food coloring and food dyes in this watermelon lemonade slushy.
All you need is watermelon to make this slushy have the most beautiful pink color. You can’t beat that natural pink hue!
Most of all, you can’t beat that mouthwatering flavor of the watermelon!
So grab yourself some watermelon and lemons at your local farmers market and add this to your summertime must-make list!
Blended Watermelon Lemonade
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed organic lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 2 cups organic seedless watermelon chunks
- 3 cups ice cubes made from filtered water
- 1/4 cup raw honey, preferably local (<--I use this or local raw creamed clover)
- Measure first or squeeze the juice of 2 lemons through a small fine mesh strainer into blender.
- Add the watermelon chunks, ice cubes and honey in that order to the blender.
- Blend on high speed until combined and slushy. If you don't have a high-powered blender and it’s not combining right away, use a low/pulse button a couple of times or give it a stir with a spoon (turn blender off first if stirring with spoon), then increase the speed up to high or an ”ice crush function, repeat if needed.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Blendtec Designer 625 Blender - WildSide+ Jar (90 oz) - Professional-Grade Power - 4 Pre-Programmed Cycles - 6-Speeds - Refurbished - Black
Tovolo Perfect Cube Ice Mold Trays, Sturdy Silicone, Fade Resistant, 1.25" Cubes, Set of 2, Capri Blue
TraderPlus 160 Mini Cubes Silicone Frozen Ice Cube Tray Candy Chocolate Jelly Mold
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 98 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 20mg Carbohydrates: 27g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 23g Protein: 1g
Are you on Pinterest? I pin lots of yummy real food recipes + more there. I have a board just for Gluten Free Treats and one for Beverages too. Come follow along.
MORE RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
Grass-fed Collagen, Desiccated Liver, Coconut Oil, Liver Detox Support, Ancient Minerals + more!