Simply sweet and creamy, this luscious, 5-ingredient, Real Food Watermelon Milkshake is the perfect, refreshing treat on a hot summer day.
Watermelon treats are perfect for summer.
Now that we’re approaching the end of spring, watermelons seem to be available everywhere. I know we get some produce earlier in California, so maybe they’re not everywhere yet, but they will be soon. Summertime is just around the corner.
Can you believe summer is almost here?!
When the hot weather hits, all I want is cool, refreshing drinks like Strawberry Ginger Switchel and slushy watermelon lemonade. And of course, icy treats like homemade watermelon ice cream and popsicles.
I might even have ice cream for dinner!
I mean, why would anyone want to be in the kitchen cooking over the hot stove and sweltering hot oven when you can make nourishing ice cream fast. I am all about cool meals when the heat is on.
Now I have the Glenn Frey “The Heat Is On” theme song from Beverly Hills Cop in my head. Anyone else? Just me?
Got sidetracked there for a second.
Anyway, my family LOVES watermelon.
My husband and I really enjoy it, but usually the girls end up getting most of it. They plow through watermelon Every. Single. Time.
I’m always trying to come up with new ways to use watermelon every summer since it’s loved so much. I make watermelon smoothies, creamy watermelon ice cream, watermelon popsicles, watermelon granita, watermelon slushies, and on and on.
Since we’re at the beginning of watermelon season, I felt like treating my family to an extra special, tasty treat. I knew I wanted a cold drink like a smoothie, but something that was more of a treat like ice cream. How about a Milkshake?! Real Food Watermelon Milkshakes!
Watermelon milkshakes equal pure, mouthwatering summertime bliss in a glass.
This soft pink beauty is such a fun afternoon snack or evening summer dessert.
I hope you get to enjoy lots of Real Food Watermelon Milkshakes this summer. Enjoy!
Real Food Watermelon Milkshake
- 3 cups seedless watermelon, cut into 1" chunks, frozen
- 1 1/2 cups raw, organic or grass-fed whole milk OR full-fat coconut milk, frozen into ice cubes
- 1/2 cup raw, organic or grass-fed whole milk OR full-fat coconut milk
- 2-3 tablespoons light colored raw honey
- 2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
- 2-4 tablespoons cold water soluble grass-fed collagen - optional (<-- this is my favorite brand)
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt - optional (<-- this is my favorite sea salt)
- Pour choice of milk into a BPA-free silicone or stainless steel ice cube tray. Freeze overnight until milk is frozen into ice cubes.
- Prep the watermelon - remove and discard the rind and chop flesh into 1" chunks. Store in an airtight container and freeze for a minimum of 2 hours, best overnight.
- Add frozen watermelon, milk ice cubes and all remaining ingredients to blender. Blend on high speed until smooth, combined, thick and slushy. [Note: If you're having trouble blending it, you can add a small amount of liquid, but try not to add too much or it won't be thick like a milkshake.]
- Serve immediately.
I only recommend using a quality grass-fed collagen. Knowing the source and where the collagen comes from is very important. My favorite brand is Perfect Supplements Hydrolyzed Collagen. I am so impressed with the quality of their collagen + they're the only company on the market that I know of that is 100% pesticide free and has proof of purity.
BONUS: I have a 10% OFF your entire order coupon code just for Recipes to Nourish readers! Just follow the link here and enter NOURISH10 at checkout.
Tovolo Perfect Cube Ice Mold Trays, Sturdy Silicone, Fade Resistant, 1.25" Cubes, Set of 2, Stratus Blue
RSVP Endurance Stainless Steel Vintage Design Inspired Ice Cube Tray
Blendtec Designer Series Blender-WildSide+ Jar (90 oz) -Professional-Grade Power-Self-Cleaning-6 Pre-Programmed Cycles-8-Speeds-Sleek and Slim, Black
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 719Total Fat: 56gSaturated Fat: 47gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 410mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 1gSugar: 36gProtein: 17g
This nutritional information was auto-generated based on serving size, number of servings, and typical information for the ingredients listed. To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in a given recipe, please calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients and amounts used, using your preferred nutrition calculator. Under no circumstances shall the this website and the author be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on the given nutritional information. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information provided is accurate, complete, and useful.
Are you on Pinterest? I pin lots of yummy real food recipes + more there. I have a board just for Beverages and Frozen Treats too! Come follow along.
MORE RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
Hydrolyzed Collagen, Desiccated Liver, Coconut Oil, Liver Detox Support, Ancient Minerals + more!