Make your own Easy DIY Natural Lemon Herb Refrigerator Cleaner with 3 common ingredients! This natural cleaner is money-saving, chemical-free and very effective for cleaning.
This post is sponsored by Sprouts Farmers Market, all opinions, recipe and photography are my own.
Natural DIY cleaners can be simple and easy!
It’s so easy to make your own natural DIY refrigerator cleaner.
There’s really no reason why everyone can’t do this. It’s cheaper and healthier!
Chemicals are bad news. They’re old news and way out of style.
But really what this comes down to is health and ease. You can make your own easy DIY natural lemon herb refrigerator cleaner in minutes. Truly, it’s so simple. All you need is a few common ingredients.
Sprouts Farmers Market carries organic distilled white vinegar. You can’t do much better than organic white vinegar.
You can buy a big gallon of it for cheap and it lasts a long time!
Sprouts Farmers Market has plenty of organic produce.
Along with the organic vinegar, all you need for this easy DIY all natural refrigerator cleaner is organic lemons and fresh rosemary or thyme.
Peel the organic lemons and stuff them in a mason jar with fresh herbs and cover with vinegar.
It’s so easy!!! Everyone can do this! Little ones love to help with this too. Let them help peel the lemons or have them stuff the peels in the mason jar.
Then all you have to do is let it sit for a week or so and then it’s good to go. Grab yourself a spray bottle (you can even use an old apple cider vinegar glass jar and attach a spray nozzle to it) or skip that and just use a big bowl when you’re ready to clean your fridge.
When you’re ready to clean, you’ll use this easy DIY natural lemon herb refrigerator cleaner solution mixed with some hot water and either a dish sponge or a cloth towel. That’s it!
Do you have Sprouts Farmers Markets where you live?
Their produce department is great and their store is always adding more and more organic options plus staying with the trends of a healthier lifestyle with great prices and sales too!
Where to Find Sprouts Farmers Markets
Sprouts Farmers Markets can be found in many states! Right now stores are open in Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, Kansas, Missouri, New Mexico, Nevada, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Florida and North Carolina.
Sprouts Farmers Market is a natural foods grocery store that focuses on healthy habits and a healthy lifestyle. Their store is packed with hundreds of top quality organic Sprouts Brand items, non-GMO, gluten free, Paleo, grass-fed, dairy free and seasonal items.
I love that Sprouts Farmers Market is an everyday grocery store with a local, home-town feel. Plus they sell so many organic and natural food items plus natural products and you know I’m all about that!
They offer great savings too! If you head over to their site, you can check out their clip and save mobile coupons!
You can also check out lots of healthy, seasonal and delicious recipes featuring Sprouts Brand products over at their Sprouts Brand blog.
Check out these other delicious recipes that I’ve created for Sprouts Farmers Market too: Paleo Sweet Beet Chocolate Crinkles, Gluten Free Fruity Riced Cauliflower Stuffing, Frozen Vegetable Asian Chicken Stir Fry Cauliflower Bowl, Summer Bolognese Gluten Free Spaghetti, Grain Free Mini Berry Yogurt Breakfast Tarts, One Pan Roasted Chicken with Citrus Beets, Healthy Orange Cacao Black Bean Tacos and Healthy Rice Cake Topping Ideas.
Cleaning your refrigerator is easy when you make this DIY natural lemon herb cleaner.
Easy DIY Natural Lemon Herb Refrigerator Cleaner
- To Make the Lemon Herb Vinegar
- 4 cups Sprouts Brand organic distilled white vinegar
- 5 lemon peels – yellow rind and white pith only, not the inside flesh
- 1 large sprig fresh rosemary or thyme
- 1 quart or ½ gallon mason jar with lid
- To Clean the Refrigerator
- 1 cup lemon herb vinegar
- 1 cup very hot water
- 1 dish sponge or cloth rag
- 1 spray bottle – preferably glass OR large glass bowl
To Make the Lemon Herb Vinegar
- Add the lemon peels and rosemary or thyme to a ½ gallon (8-cup) mason jar. Pour 4 cups of vinegar over the lemon peels and herbs, making sure they are covered and submerged. Cover with a lid and let sit on the counter, out of direct sunlight, for 1 week or up to 2 weeks.
- Strain the lemon herb vinegar through a fine-mesh strainer into a quart (4-cup) mason jar.
To Clean the Refrigerator
- Add the lemon herb vinegar and hot water to a spray bottle or a large glass bowl.
- If using a spray bottle, spray the mixture onto all refrigerator surfaces like the walls, drawers and shelves and use a dish sponge or cloth rag to wipe down and clean the surfaces. If using a glass bowl, soak and ring out a dish sponge or cloth rag in the lemon herb vinegar water solution and wipe down and clean all of the refrigerator surfaces. Repeat steps as needed until the inside of the refrigerator is clean.
- Storage: Can be stored in a covered glass container for up to a year.
- Uses: Save leftover mixture for weekly refrigerator spot-treatment maintenance or for monthly deep-cleaning. Alternatively, you can add the remaining lemon herb vinegar to a spray bottle with filtered water using a 1:1 ratio and use as an all-purpose natural cleaner for cleaning most surfaces. [Note: Vinegar is known to kill up to 80% of bacteria, mold and most germs.]
- Tip: If you have some stubborn spills in your refrigerator you can sprinkle a little baking soda over the stubborn spill and do a light spray of the cleaning mixture, then put a little elbow grease into it. Baking soda is one of the best natural cleaners when you need something a bit more abrasive.
The photographs of this recipe, recipe and all content above are copyright protected. Please do not use my photos without prior written permission. If you choose to share this recipe, please use proper etiquette and provide a link back to my original recipe on my blog with proper disclosure [the original recipe - "title of recipe" by Recipes to Nourish]. If you make significant changes to the recipe or adapt the recipe in any way, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and provide a link back here with proper disclosure for credit. Thanks for understanding!
MORE DIY RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
Grass-fed Collagen, Desiccated Liver, Coconut Oil, Liver Detox Support, Ancient Minerals + more!