Paleo Tea Infused Bacon Herb Stuffed Mushrooms are the most delicious, deeply flavored little bites of goodness. Overflowing with herby aromatics, these baby mushrooms are stuffed with caramelized onions, crispy bacon and filled with crunchy, juicy pomegranate arils. They're so easy to make, Whole30 friendly and perfect to serve at parties.
This post is sponsored by Cedar Lake Teas, all opinions, recipe and photography are my own.
Everyone loves small bites at parties and holiday gatherings.
These fully loaded, Paleo tea infused bacon herb stuffed mushrooms are sure to please at your next get-together, date-night-in or holiday party.
They're jam-packed with crazy good herbal tea infused caramelized onions and brimming with fresh herbs, crispy organic bacon, juicy pomegranate arils, healthy avocado oil and a special dairy-free "cheesy" ingredient.
These wholesome, real food stuffed mushrooms are bursting with flavor.
Surprise your loved ones or holiday guests with these mouthwatering stuffed mushrooms.
These little beauties have so much going on, yet they're so easy to make. Total flavor explosion!
I served these to my family and as a surprise I saved half of the batch for my husband for when he got home from work late in the evening. He gently woke me up to tell me they were one of the best things he's ever had.
That's a huge compliment coming from him because he's an amazing cook and formally worked in restaurant kitchens for over 10 years.
He was wondering what the flavorful secret ingredient was in these Paleo tea infused bacon herb stuffed mushrooms.
THIS amazing tea!!!
Wild Child blend from Cedar Lake Teas is absolutely delicious, so fresh and flavorful.
This organic blend is like no other I have ever tried before. It includes two of my my favorites - hibiscus and rose hips plus spearmint and a special one - apples. The flavor is so good!
My oldest who isn't fond of many foods smelled the herbs from the package and said, "Mmmmm, that smells amazing!"
One of the things I love about Cedar Lake Teas is how fresh the herbs are.
I can really tell when dried herbs have been sitting and stored for a long time. Older herbs don't taste as fresh and flavorful when you brew them into tea (which means they're lacking in nutrition and other health benefits too).
Cedar Lake Teas are super fresh, whole leaf teas, certified organic, non-GMO, gluten free and never contain any fillers, flavors or additives. Just simple, pure herbal goodness.
I also love their story and I like to support businesses that have kind owners who are doing good things in their community.
Cedar Lake Teas was originally founded by someone who had a true love for organic herbs and spices. When he announced that he would be retiring, Christine and Jeramie jumped in to save this local tea company that they loved so much.
I have personally talked with Christine and she's so sweet and passionate about this company.
I knew that infusing Wild Child blend from Cedar Lake Teas into caramelized onions would be perfect in these Paleo tea infused bacon herb stuffed mushrooms.
This unique and special tea adds a lovely vibrant flavor that truly compliments all of the other flavors and textures in these stuffed mushrooms.
They're so easy to make, full of so much yummy goodness and sure to be a crowd pleaser.
You can even prep some of the ingredients the day before hosting a gathering or holiday party.
I know that prepping things ahead of time is always a life saver for me and so helpful during the holiday months. Doing this makes these stuffed mushrooms come together super fast with a little prep the day before.
WHERE TO FIND CEDAR LAKE TEAS
Add these healthy stuffed mushrooms to your holiday menu planning. Your guests will thank you!
Paleo Tea Infused Bacon Herb Stuffed Mushrooms
For the Herbal Tea:
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 ½ tablespoon Wild Child organic tea from Cedar Lake Teas
For the Stuffed Mushrooms:
- 16 oz. organic baby bella/cremini or white button mushrooms
- 8 oz. precooked crispy organic or pasture-raised bacon, crumbled
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled, halved and sliced
- 5 tablespoon avocado oil - divided
- ½ cup prepared Wild Child tea (see instructions)
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoon cassava flour or other grain free or gluten free flour (<-- and recommend)
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast (look for non-fortified/non-synthetic) - optional
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (<-- salt)
- ¼ cup fresh pomegranate arils
Prepare the Tea
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Remove from the heat and allow to rest and cool for about 3 minutes. Add Wild Child organic tea and allow to steep for 15 minutes. Strain the tea and set aside.
Prepare the Stuffed Mushrooms
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare the mushrooms by gently cleaning the outside and removing the inner stem with a paring knife. Set aside.
- In a large saute pan over medium meat, add 2 tablespoons of avocado oil. Add the sliced onions, stirring occasionally for about 10-13 minutes or until they start to caramelize and turn light golden brown around the edges. Once they are caramelized, add the prepared Wild Child tea and continue to cook until the tea has fully absorbed and infused into the onions, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add 3 tablespoons of avocado oil, chopped herbs, cassava flour, nutritional yeast and sea salt. Stir to combine and then add the tea-infused caramelized onions and stir again. Add the pomegranate arils and give it one last stir to fully combine.
- Stuff each mushroom with about one heaping ½ teaspoon of the filing of the mushroom cap, depending on the size of the mushroom. Place stuffed mushrooms on a large baking sheet (I use a stoneware large bar pan). Once all of the mushrooms are stuffed, place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes (or until the mushrooms have turned dark brown, are releasing their juices and the filing is heated through). Remove from the oven.
- Serve immediately.
- Make Ahead Tip: I like to make the bacon, tea and caramelized onions the day before I want to serve the stuffed mushrooms. I store the crispy bacon and tea-infused caramelized onions in mason jars in the refrigerator. When I'm ready to make the stuffed mushrooms, I set the bacon and onion mason jars at room temperature until I'm ready to make the stuffing mixture.
- The nutritional yeast is optional, but it does add a delicious, cheesy flavor without any dairy. If you can have dairy, by all means, skip the nutritional yeast and add grated raw/organic Parmigiano-Reggiano instead.
- Stuffed mushrooms can be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for 1 day and reheated on a low setting in the oven.
Haeger Large Bar Stoneware, Cookie Sheet, Jelly Roll Pan, with Handy Grip Handles 10.5 in x 15.75 in x.87 in
Silicone Spatula - 6 Spatulas Silicone Heat Resistant - Mini Rubber Spatula Set - Cooking Spatulas for Nonstick Cookware - Colorful Baking Kitchen Spatula Set - One Piece Design Spoon (Multicolor)
Pyrex Prepware 8-Cup Glass Measuring Cup with Lid
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 128Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 259mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 6g
This nutritional information was auto-generated based on serving size, number of servings, and typical information for the ingredients listed. To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in a given recipe, please calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients and amounts used, using your preferred nutrition calculator. Under no circumstances shall the this website and the author be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on the given nutritional information. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information provided is accurate, complete, and useful.
Are you on Pinterest? I pin lots of yummy real food recipes + more there. I have a board just for Snacks + Small Bites and Gluten Free Treats. Come follow along.
MORE RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
Grass-fed Collagen, Desiccated Liver, Coconut Oil, Liver Detox Support, Ancient Minerals + more!